Nov 26, 2007

literary roundup

And why not? Here's what I've been reading over the past few months (most recent first), with perhaps the odd comment or two. For all of you out there studying exactly what it takes to be just like me. . .

currently reading: The Nine by Jeffrey Toobin
Grace (Eventually)
by Anne Lamott
Letter to a Christian Nation by Sam Harris -- if you are a Christian (or, really, a follower of any religion) and want to read something that flys in the face of pretty much all of your deeply held convictions, this would be the book to read -- it makes you think, which is a good thing; Harris really would like to see the eradication of all religious practice, pretty much
Affluenza by John DeGraaf, David Wann, Thomas H Naylor, and Vicki Robin -- I'm sort of stuck at about halfway right now on this one
The Year of Magical Thinking by Joan Didion (audiobook)
Sex God by Rob Bell (also on audiobook -- which I may just decide to do with any future Rob Bell books)
Traveling Mercies by Anne Lamott -- thanks to my friend Mel, whose book was laying around while I was staying in her room, even though she didn't probably know I read it
The Irresistible Revolution
by Shane Claiborne

1 Comments:

Blogger Cassandra Mae said...

LD!! or should I say, "elle dee"?? First off, I'd like to say; I MISS YOU TERRIBLY!!! Secondly, I MISS YOU!!!! Hope you're having a wonderful time!

PS - Do you read more than one book at a time? Because I do - I think I have 3 books going right now. lol

-cass

1:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home