Feb 29, 2008

Happy Leap Day, or Any Excuse to Post Fun Pictures



Hey! Did you know it is Leap Day! 'Cause I did. Do? Sometimes I get the "grammars" -- where I get a little grammatically ambiguous. Think something along the line of "shivers" or "tremors," only on a cognitive level. Or, perhaps a term that could be used to refer to your parents' mothers, or a group of grandmothers.

Ooh, Another Tangent: This quandary reminds me of a phrase I've heard some Britons say . . . "Did do." As in, "Did you celebrate Leap Day yesterday, pip pip, cheerio?"

"Yeh, did do, right-o."


Anyway. Back to the point, which was. . . . oh, yes. Behind every picture is a story. This one's story is pretty short, involving me at home alone yesterday; mix in a little boredom, a digital camera with a timer, and a lot of jumping up and down and seeing pictures of myself in rather unflattering stages of jumping (and consequently deleting said pictures). This is the end result. Maybe my favorite self-portrait in a while. And yes, I did it specifically for Leap Day.

Here's my favorite quote about Leap Day:
"LEAP DAY! CATCH THE FEVER AND COUGH ON A FRIEND!" I HEARD TH. . . Ahem, sorry, didn't mean to keep yelling, I heard that one on Conan O'Brien this week.

Did I mention I need a job?

Ok, last thing: these next pictures are also some of my faves from the past few months (in the category of "pictures I have taken that haven't been inanimate objects/scenery"). I took them at my going away get-together in Phoenix. They look like they were intentionally taken as a series. . . so let's just leave it at that, instead of thinking that maybe it took more than one try to get the final picture.








Ahh. Ain't nothing like some sweet live-action pics. Mamma Laura's proud.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Perfume, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://perfumes-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

1:17:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home