Jun 30, 2006

vacaciones


It's Friday again. . . funny how that happens about every 7 days.

I did put my notice in on Monday to leave Allied . . . everyone was great, they were understanding and knew it was "just a matter of time." Wednesday I interviewed for the part-time position at SAFMC as well as talked about doing an internship there, that was a good conversation, very encouraging, it looks like at least the internship is a go, and I'll work on setting it up when Doug Blume gets back from his missions trip. We'll see what happens with the other job.

This morning was the last morning I spent with Moogie (see above), the Kriesch's dog. I was running really late for work, and I had just called my office to let them know I was leaving the house. The last thing I had to do was take the trash out to their garage. . . I go out, and Moogie had, once again, made his escape. They have an outside kennel he stays in during the day, and it's connected to a hole in the garage with a cage made out of wood boards on the inside of the garage. Earlier this week he had finally made enough progress in chewing through one of the boards to break out (this was during a dinner I was eating with some of my friends and one of them quietly asked, "Should the dog be sitting on the porch?"). We nailed another board in its place. . . and this morning I found Moogie running loose in the garage, wreaking havoc, having completely chewed through the new board. Thankfully Robbie and Maria are going to go and try and fix the kennel tonight since I am heading out of town for vacation tonight.

Ah, just another confirmation of the fact that, despite what I might feel about getting one, I do not want the reality of having a dog right now in my life.

I'll be in Wisconsin visiting my mom's family next week. . . so if you don't hear from me -- Go Brasil!! Think of me as I'll be trying to listen to the world cup game Saturday, hopefully able to pick up a radio station that carries it. Or think of me eating copious amounts of wonderful cheese.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home