Oct 29, 2007

the last post about my trip (seriously)

Well, people have asked me a lot of the same questions about my trip, over and over, so here are a few of the answers to those questions.

A: Yes.

A: No, it wasn't as bad as I imagined, although sleeping became sort of a problem.

A: I listened to audiobooks. Also, the sound of one hand clapping. But mostly audiobooks.

A: No, I wouldn't recommend it, but it was a relief to stop seeing signs every 50 feet along I-90.

A: Ummm, sort of? I'm not sure what you were asking.

A: Well, between the coyotes and the kitten crawling on the outside of my tent, how do you think it was?

A: It made me feel like a half-pint again.

A: Beautiful! I loved all the colors!

A: My biggest question is, why we don't start carving more dead people's faces into mountains? Also, were boogers carved into their noses for authenticity, and is there a secret passageway to those as well?

A: I don't remember -- it was dark, and all I wanted to do was get to the next rest area.

A: The new Norah Jones album, a $5 Johnny Cash CD, Plans by Death Cab for Cutie, and Queen's Greatest Hits.

A: You know, really, there were quite a few times when I wondered if I was actually moving forward, or if I would suddenly start careening backwards down the mountains. And then I realized I was still in fifth gear. . . whew, that was close.

A: I'm sorry, could you repeat that? I really am thinking you have confused me with someone else.

A: Nope, definitely would not stay there again. I think it was the fish smell that got me.

A: Honestly, it was sort of cool in a retro sandstone-chic way. Possibly the most bizarre (and costly) 15 minutes of my life so far.

A: It was sunset, and it was beautiful. Except for the part where I had sand in every possible crevice of my body.

A: I don't really remember the last few hours -- I had switched over to autopilot by then and let Frank bring 'er home.

A: Seriously, the man believed that SAU actually had a football team, and congratulated me on our undefeated streak. I hated to break the news to him.


Well, I hope that's covered everything. For more about my trip, click on the pretty little pictures somewhere off to the right.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dusterdw said...

LOL... thats all I can say... LOL

12:30:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laurence, you've done it again. A fantastic and thoughtful post that leads me to fill in my own questions. Funnyness

11:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home